Rehydrating Morel Mushrooms is easy.
In this guide, we will teach you,
Morel mushrooms are great when sauteed with butter, salt
However, their season runs from March to August. This makes it impossible to get fresh mushrooms all year.
Fortunately, dried Morel mushrooms are the answer. They are as good as fresh ones when rehydrated properly.
Note: When Morels are rehydrated they will become 6 to 8 times heavier and larger.
Rehydrating Morel Mushrooms (Step by Step)
1 Take a large bowl. It should accommodate all dried morels freely. If you soak them in small jars tightly placed together, they will not rehydrate completely. Moreover, you won’t get the plump mushroom which are just like fresh ones.
2. Add water, wine or stock of your choice. Fill them up completely.
3. Now cover the bowl and let them soak for at least half an hour. We know some people who like to soak their morels overnight. Though half an hour is ample, soaking them overnight makes them plumper.
warning: The longer Morels are soaked the less tastier they will turn.
4. Strain the soaked mushrooms and place them aside.
5. Pat the morels dry using a tissue paper or thin dry cloth. Dry them as far as possible. If they are still wet it will ruin the taste while cooking. So take your time drying the morels.
6. Now you have Morel Mushrooms that are just good as fresh ones.
7. You can either cut them into two or use as it is while cooking.
Note: Do not throw away the water/wine/stock used to soak Morels. Store the liquid in a tight glass jar and use it to prepare stocks, sauce or stews.
If you have any further questions on rehydrating morel mushrooms, don’t hesitate to contact us.
Where to Buy Dried Morels?
If you are looking to buy dried Morels then we can help you.
We source dried morels all over from US, especially from Oregon which are famous for their Morels.
Since we source Morels directly from cultivators we get them organic, A+ Grade at lowest price.
This High Quality and Lowest price is passed on to our customers.
We sell Dried Morel Mushrooms in 4 oz, 8 oz, 1 lb and 2 lb package.
For more information visit our Dried Morel Mushrooms Store.