Dried Morels are cheap compared to fresh ones. And they taste great when reconstituted properly.
In this post, we are going to share some amazing ways of cooking dried morels.
Before that you need to rehydrate morel mushrooms.
Follow below steps:
Place the dried morel mushrooms in a large bowl. Add water or wine until it completely covers entire morels.
note: When morel mushrooms are reconstituted they get 6 – 8 times heavier and increase in size. Keeping this in mind, take a heavier and larger bowl.
Allow 20 minutes for the Morels to soak.
Strain the Morels and pat them dry. Store the
How to Cook Dried Morel Mushrooms
Coming to the fun part. Morels can be cooked in several easy ways.
The most easy method is cooking them with butter, salt and pepper.
Cooking Dried Morels – Recipe #1 (Simple Fried Morels)
- In a hot pan add 2 tablespoons of butter.
- As soon as the butter melts place your morels in.
- You can cut them in half if you wish.
- Saute the mushrooms for 3 to 5 mins.
- Add salt as required and saute for one minute.
- Sprinkle some pepper and serve hot
Your tasty buttery morel mushrooms are ready. Nothing can beat this simple and easy to cook dish.
Cooking Dried Morels – Recipe #2 (Fried Morels with Scrambled Eggs)
- Chop one large onion or shallot.
- In a pan or skillet add one tablespoon of butter.
- Add the onions or shallots until they are translucent.
- Add morels and fry for 8 minutes total.
- Add salt and pepper as per your requirement.
- Place the content on a separate plate or bowl.
- Next, add one tablespoon of butter.
- Pour four beaten eggs
- Stir constantly and gently until they start to coagulate.
- Remember to keep consistency soft.
- Overcooking it will make the eggs rubbery.
- Add salt.
- Transfer eggs onto a plate.
- Top it up with fried morels generously.
Your tasty Morels with Scrambled eggs is ready.
Cooking Dried Morels – Recipe #3 (Fried Morels with Asparagus)
In this recipe we will use the water used to soak dried morels.
- In a hot pan add morel soaked water/wine.
- Boil it down until only a couple of tablespoons remain
- lower the flame completely.
- Now add vinegar, wine and a tablespoon of butter.
- Keep whisking until the entire liquid turns creamy. Add butter if the liquid is too thin.
- Remove and keep it aside.
- Next, in a hot pan add a tablespoon of butter.
- Add asparagus sliced into one-inch length. Give the asparagus a slanting cut for it to look more appealing.
- Saute for 4 minutes.
- Add morels and saute for another 4 minutes.
- Check if Asparagus is cooked.
- Add salt as per your requirement and pepper.
- Transfer the cooked Asparagus and Morels onto a plate.
- Add a tablespoon or two of the sauce prepared previously.
- Serve warm.
This recipe gives something delicious to chew on.
Cooking Dried Morels – Recipe #4 (Morel Risotto)
Preparation of this recipe takes at least an hour. But its worth the time.
Here are the ingredient’s list:
- Morels 4 oz
- 2 cups of Morel soaked water or wine
- 4 cups of chicken stock
- One large onion finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 1/2 cup rice
- 1/2 cup white wine
- Mix the chicken stock and Morel soaked water. Pour them in a pan and let it simmer on medium flame.
- In another pan, add a tablespoon of butter.
- Add chopped Onions and Ginger.
- Saute until translucent and Ginger loses its raw smell.
- Then add rice.
- Stir and cook until rice whitens.
- Now add wine along with Morels.
- Gradually add the stock.
- Keep adding slowly and stirring simultaneously as the rice soaks up the liquid.
- Continue doing until rice stops soaking the stock.
- Cook until rice is perfectly done or to your desired firmness.
- Serve hot with any drink 🙂
Hope you loved our recipe. But…
Above all we have good news for you.
We are selling Dried Morel Mushrooms at WHOLESALE PRICES!!!. These are wild and sourced from Oregon which is believed to have a distinct flavor in the entire world.
To know more about this limited offer. Visit Our Store.